Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Role Playing

Back in my college days, I had quite a bit of fun playing Dungeons and Dragons with my friends. We would sit around a table for hours. Most of my memories are of the people and that we laughed and had a good time. I miss that. But with the realities of being an adult, time doesn't really exist to do that anymore.

What I have done is found a site called RPOL.net. It basically allows for a play by mail type of situation that is accomplished in a private forum for each game. I have been a member there for years and have been in and out of games. Part of the problem there is real life can kill a game faster than anything.

I was running a game there for a few years until my Ulcerative Colitis forced me to drop the game. I just wasn't well enough to put in the effort to maintain the game. I think I am at a point now to retry running a game again. If you have any interest, stop by and take a look at what I am working on. The Tales of the Bloody Stool is the name of the game thus far.

The premise is similar to the fall of the Roman Empire where the regular army has pulled back from its frontier outposts and left them to fend for themselves. The action is organized around an inn that is run by a forcibly retired veteran from the old fort across the road. From the inn, players will meet and seek adventure in the world the empire left behind.

If you are interested, please let me know that you heard about it from the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment